Can you say flavor explosion!? I mean just take a look at that title… is your mouth drooling already?
With the warm weather slowly teasing me with thoughts about summer, I was inspired to make a fruity, summery treat that was healthy and would not make me feel so bad about putting on a bikini. And so my Strawberry Vanilla Coconut Protein Ice Cream Cups were invented… (I think I may need to work on a better name)
What You'll Need:
-1/2 cup coconut milk (full fat, canned)
-1 tbs vanilla protein powder
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-1 tsp maple syrup
-1 cup of strawberries, cut into small pieces
1. Blend all ingredients except strawberries in a food processor.
2. Pour half the batter into cupcake molds (I use a silicon cupcake mold because it makes the end product MUCH easier to pop out)
3. Place in freezer for 10 min.
4. After 10 minutes, pull out of freezer and evenly distribute strawberries into the cupcake molds over the other mixture. Then pour the rest of the batter on top. Then, I like to take a whole strawberry, cut it in half, and gently lay the half on top of the mold.
5. Place back into the freezer for at least 2 hours or until solid.
**I have also tried a version of this recipe where I add mini chocolate chips in with the diced strawberries. It was very tasty but I think I prefer just the fruity version. However… get creative and if you like chocolate.. go for it!